India has a long tail in the listed market space. With more than 5,000 firms, India has the highest number of listed companies in the world. There is a large group of pre-IPO companies as well, in which a diverse set of investors have interests, including high-net-worth. But anyone can now invest in shares of well-known names like PayTm, UTI, Kurlon, HDBFs, HDFC Securities. The pre-IPO "Off-Market" gives investors an opportunity to catch young companies early. The industry has structurally evolved and several institutional investors are now active participants.
In this webinar, the following topics will be addressed:
- Overview of the industry: structure, brief history, players
- How to get started and sources of information (Investor/Market Maker)
- Identifying and investing in an opportunity
- Potential risks
- Experiences over the years
- Future outlook
- Tax implications and recent regulatory developments
This is the archived version of a live webinar that took place on 17 October 2018.