Although a substantial part of the risk and return of any portfolio comes from asset allocation, the majority of investment professionals worldwide are currently focused on security selection. Join Pranay Gupta, CFA, as he questions this basic structure of the investment process and investment industry:
- Why should alpha and beta be separated?
- Are the traditional definitions for risk and risk premium relevant in a multi-asset-class world?
- Do portfolios cater to the “real risks” in their investment processes?
- Does the emerging market demarcation make sense for investing?
- Why do active Asian managers perform worse than developed market managers?
- Can investors distinguish how much of a strategy’s performance comes from skill rather than luck?
- Does having a performance fee for your manager create alignment or misalignment?
- Why is the asset management transitioning from multi-asset strategies to multi-asset solutions?
This is an archived recording of a live broadcast that took place on Friday, 15 January 2016.