This webinar will cover the following three important topics related to career moves:
- We often ask ourselves an important question: “Am I in the right job role?” or “How do I find the right role?” There are two facets that need to be considered to find this answer. Many of us often only look at only one facet and fail to recognize the equally important other one.
- When we are keen to make a job move, the first thing many of us do is to reach out to headhunters or consultants, who work for recruitment firms. While these recruitment firms claim to be busy, the reality is that the share of positions filled by recruitment firms has been declining. The majority of positions across all levels are now filled by direct hiring methods and, therefore, our job search strategies need to be aligned to these methods. We will cover proactive versus passive strategies in the current paradigm, as well as some pointers to take better charge of your job search efforts.
- Many of us need to make a career switch to move into an area that we are more passionate about, or are forced to make a career switch due to external factors. Career switches can be done internally (within your existing organization) or externally (with a new employer). We will cover tips and strategies for both kinds of switches.
- Better understanding of whether or not you are in the right job role
- Mantras to adopt for your job search
- Effective job search strategies
- Tips on how to make a career switch
This is the archived version of a live webinar that took place on 25 July 2019.