Ronald G. Layard-Liesching, chairman and founder, Mountain Pacific Group, a firm dedicated to risk management, quantitative finance, and currency investing discusses the current interrelationship of currencies with financial markets, and a particularly troubling scenario for which most investors are unprepared. Here is an overview of the points covered:
- How currency markets dwarf all other markets
- How the size of currency markets is driving the performance of all other financial markets
- How central bankers of non-reserve countries can deal with the current "currency wars"
- How to rehabilitate currency markets beyond just ending QE
- What China must do for the renminbi to attain reserve currency status
- The effort to de-dollarize the oil markets
- Concerns about blockchain currency technology
- The one potentially deadly scenario investors are not discounting
The Take 15 Series is a series of short interviews with leading practitioners on timely topics focused on the investment profession.